- Limit work in progress (WIP), to increase throughput, make constraints visible and drive process improvement.
- Visual management: Use dashboards or intranet pages to monitor quality and work in progress, to get a good software delivery performance.
- Feedback from production: Use data from application performance and infrastructure monitoring tools daily, to make business decisions.
- Lightweight change approvals: Use peer review (pair programming, intrateam code review) rather than a team-external change approval board.
If your organization is good at Lean management, that will boost the possibility for your organization to also be good at:
- Software delivery performance
- Organizational culture
- Job satisfaction
- Less burnout