”Continuous improvement” in DevOps is about trying to improve the way we work all the time. We are never done with improvement work. We are improving:
- The application we deliver.
- The environment the application is delivered in.
- The process used to deliver the application.
We are relying on feedback to decide what should be improved.
The organizational outcomes are decided by leaders and teams together. It is up to the teams to decide how they should reach the desired outcomes. We use iterations and work in small batches to incrementally become better at what we do.
- How to transform (supplemental chapter for the Accelerate book (The science of lean software and devops. Building and scaling high performing technology organizations.)
- Understanding DevOps – Part 7: Continuous Improvement